Friday, March 11, 2011

Foodie Friday- Soy Garlic Marinade

I'm a pretty simple cook. I know what my family likes, and tend to stick to those things. I don't use a lot of 'fancy' ingredients. I just like to keep it simple. Here is one of my favorite marinades. I have used it on pork, chicken, and beef. It is my fall back marinade. Everyone in the family likes it, so it's a keeper. :)

Soy Garlic Marinade
1c soy sauce
1c oil
5-6 cloves of garlic
1-2 tbsp dried minced onion

Measure soy sauce and garlic out into a large Pyrex type measuring cup. I use a 4 cup one and just mix everything in there. Saves me from dirtying a ton of dishes.  Peel and mince your garlic. I use a garlic press. It just makes it much easier. Add your onions ( you could use fresh, but I don't always feel like mincing such a small amount, so I use dried) and whisk until everything is well combined. Pour over the meat of your choice and let marinate in your fridge for a couple hours.
I also use this as a freezer recipe. I portion meat into labeled freezer bags and pour the marinade over the meat and pop it into the freezer. Just pull the freezer bag out on the day you want to cook it and let it thaw and marinate at the same time. :) When I am ready to cook, and the meat has thawed, I pour the entire contents of the bag into a baking dish and bake. We usually spoon the extra marinade over rice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment