Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things I Love Thursday (TILT)- FRAMILY

Framily. Yep, that's right. Not a type-o. Framily. It's that thing thing every military family longs for every time they get a new assignment. Friends so close that they become your family.

 I wouldn't trade my life for the world, but military life isn't easy. Now, we have had it relatively easy because my husband has had 3 assignments so far in his career. ( We're praying this is the last.) We spent 7 years at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma. Then we spent 8 years at RAF Lakenheath, England. We have spent almost 4 years here at Dyess AFB, Texas.

 With the exception of Tinker (which was 'only' a 5-6 hour drive home depending on potty breaks and rest stops) we haven't lived close to family for a LONG time. I love my Air Force framily. Not everyone I have met or gotten to know during my husband's almost 19 yr career get the privilege of being called my framily, but quite a few do. Not only do we have that Air Force bond thing going on, we also have a faith bond. We all have the same values and morals. It makes a big difference.
This framily fills in the gaps that you get when you don't have your 'real' family close. It provides sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers,  aunts, uncles, brothers, cousins, grandmas, and grandpas when you need them. My kids have been blessed by having a great group of framily cousins here in Texas and in England before that. I have been blessed by my framily through the years as well.


 So, I figured I'd share a few photos from my framily album. :)
This is in no way a complete album. These are just photos I had handy when I typed up this post.


Solid Rock Ladies 2004
My RAF Lakenheath Framily

Erin and I 2006-ish (We really need a post WLS pic)
My RAF Lakenheath Framily
Solid Rock Ladies 2006-ish
My RAF Lakenheath Framily

My crazy boys and some of  their Dyess framily.

Steph, Julie, Me, Crystal, Tracee, and Elaina
Some of my Dyess Framily

The Harman and Banks Framilies
More Dyess Framily


My Dyess AFB Framily

Women of Hope Christmas 2009
Dyess Framily


2 comments:

  1. Amen! The best part about being in the military community is the family that you create. Miss you Denise! You always made me laugh until my sides hurt! You are a truly authentic and unique person and I am so glad that were a part of our family then and still are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree 100%. I think, at times, that I am closer to my military family than my own family. And I LOVE the term "FRAMILY"! I'm definitely borrowing that one!!

    ReplyDelete