Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesday- Family Organization

Hmmm....It's time for another Thoughtful Tuesday post. I'm at a loss for what to blog about.

Not only was the time change last week, it was also Spring Break for me and both Small Boy and Medium Boy. We spent the week hanging out with friends and having fun. I still don't feel as it I have recovered from either one of those things.  The time change has left me feeling out of sorts, and with the change in our schedule due to Spring Break, I just feel....well, out of sorts. :)

Now, we are not a very structured family as far as schedule goes. I mean, we have our regular scheduled things we do like work, school, church activities, etc. However, when we aren't doing those required things, we just kinda fly by the seat of our pants. I am thinking that is gonna have to change a bit. There just seems to be so much down time, but we never seem to get anything done.

I have tried a million different organization programs, chore charts, schedules, and the like. None of which have worked well. Most of that is due to my inability to stay on task and keep up with things. I did find a  chart somewhere that I think will work. We have implemented some things recently, but there are many more things we need to work on and get sorted out. 

So, this week (and the weeks to follow) are going to bring some changes at our house. More structure is in order. We need more organization and structure around here in order to fully enjoy our down time. :)

What are some things that you do to keep yourselves and your family on track and organized?

2 comments:

  1. Clutter slows us down and demotivates me from doing anything, the defeatist I fight deep inside wins when clutter abounds and it throws our whole day off! The best thing I did was get rid of clutter zones, if it accumulated clutter, I moved it or got rid of it, I just moved a table into our bedroom because it used to hold stuff by the door, now it doesnt!
    I also read 'manager of their homes' by the Maxwells and that helped too, I am not as rigid on times/super schedule as they are but the general routines really helped me. Now I just need to get on track with dinner everyday! Thats my great downfall right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a huge calendar that hangs in our kitchen and all activities go on that. I have a home system where each day is a different room to take care of. Weekly menu planning. Friday nights are for me and hubby and Saturday nights are for the girls.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete