Friday, April 22, 2011

Foodie Friday- Sloppy Joe Ring

Saturday is our “Leftover” day. It’s a time to use up what has accumulated in the fridge all week. Normally that’s our plan for lunch on Saturday. Unless we’re out all day, and then that’s the plan for dinner. Anyway, we go through the leftovers in the fridge on Saturday. LOL

I recently posted my Sloppy Joe recipe. (No pics of that one, I’ll have to get them next time.) That particular recipe makes a TON of Sloppy Joe filling. We always have leftovers. Here’s what I did with them this time.




Sloppy Joe Ring

1-2 cups leftover Sloppy Joe filling
2 cans crescent rolls


Preheat your oven to 375. Get out a large pizza pan. I got the giant pan in the picture from Wal-Mart for like $3. Open the crescent rolls and place wide side to the center of the pan, over lapping the edges to form a circle. This was kinda tricky for me (Because I am a little OCD and it was really stressin’ me out that they were not exactly spaced and centered on that pan.) and I had to re-arrange them a couple of times. Spoon the Sloppy Joe filling along the inside of the ring, on the wide edges. Don’t put it right on the edge. You need a little bit of space to tuck the pointy bits under. After you get the filling in, fold the points into the center and slightly tuck them under the inside edge of the circle. Put in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until filling is hot and crescent rolls are slightly brown. Easy Peasy.
This was a hit with most of the family. They Hubby loved it. The Large Boy enjoyed it.The Medium Boy ate seconds, which he doesn’t often do. The Small Boy didn’t like the crescent roll part. ( I seriously do not know where this kid came from. No pizza, not a fan of cheese, and now crescent rolls….LOL) I thought it was yummy and supper easy. I will be making it again for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I say we do a guest blog post for each other to increase blog traffic and followers. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete