Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things I Love Thursday (TILT)- My Lap Band


Yep, it's true. I LOVE that thing. It has been a life saver for me. I was heading down the road of self destruction, and this little bit of plastic really helped me. Now, I am not saying Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) is for everyone. However, it was a good choice for me. You don't have to agree with me. I know that there are some dead set anti-WLS people out there, and I don't have to agree with you, either. :)



It will be 3 years in November since I had my surgery. My weight loss has been slower than I have liked, but then again, I haven't worked as hard as I should have all the time. Totally not a LapBand issue, but a Denise issue. :) I have a lot of people aske me about the Band. The photo above shows how it is placed in your body. Yes, it stays in there forever, unless there is a serious complication. Yes, my new stomach is really that tiny. Yes, you can feel that port. Yes, I would do it again. Yes, I would recommend it to people. However, if you are considering WLS, you really need to do your research and find what works for you. There are many WLS options out there and different people have different needs.

So, that's my short but sweet post this week. :)

4 comments:

  1. Were you able to get the insurance to pay for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, Tricare covers everything. Since my dr. is far enough away, they also pay travel expenses. So, gas to and from appts and a meal is covered when I have to go for a fill or a check or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really happy with my band (and me) till we moved here. I was down to 6 pounds form goal and then started having complications. Thankfully nothing major, but I lost the mindset needed to be successful. Totally not the bands fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey, I lost focus from about November to March. No complications, just poor choices on my part. It is hard getting that mindset back, but I'm working on it. :) Praying that you get back on track quickly and without more issues.

    ReplyDelete