Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Heart For...More

You know, sometimes as we are carried along on this roller coaster ride called life, we get too used to riding along. Too busy doing your own thing. Too busy with your own life. You know what I mean, right? You're sitting there and things are happening all around you but you are too busy with 'the ride' of your own life and your own stuff to be bothered with what is zinging by in that blurry world outside 'the ride'. Then one day you notice something outside in all that blurry mess. Something that calls to you. Something that makes you think about what you have been focusing on. Those things that you think are so important. You realize that there is just so much more outside the ride. So much that is more important than the things you are focusing on now. That something calls to you. It haunts you. It leaves you wanting....well....wanting more.







My heart has been longing for more in life. More peace. More structure. More excitement. More organization. More family time. More quiet time. More of God. Just...more. Not that greedy, selfish 'more'. The 'more' that motivates you to do only for yourself or for what you can get out of it. I am talking about the 'more' that makes you want to be a better person. The 'more' that drives you to create a better home for your family. The 'more' that makes you want to impact lives, yours or someone else's. The 'more' that draws you closer to being the person God created you to be. That's the 'more' I'm talking about.







This is my journey toward that 'more'. I have no idea how to get there or when I will reach the end of the journey, but I do know that as long as I keep moving forward, pressing on, and listening to what God has to tell me, I'll get to where I need to be when I need to be there.

1 comment: