Thursday, February 17, 2011

Things I Love Thursday (TILT)-







Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things


Ok, I couldn't resist. That song pops into my head every time I think about writing a Things I Love Thursday post and I just had to get it out. :) I suppose I should get back on track. Easier said than done for this ADD lady.

This week I have a lot of things I love. Well, I have a lot of things I love all the time, but you know what I mean. It's hard narrowing it down and writing a post on just one thing. I tend to go off on rabbit trails and lose focus and totally forget what I was writing about...like right now. Anyway.

 My LOVE for this week is spring time weather.  It has been beautiful the last few days. We've had windows open. Fresh air is flowing through the house (without too much West Texas dust). The birds are singing outside. It has been fabulous. I love the Spring.

Spring is my favorite season. I love the newness of it. The freshness of it. The...Spring of it. It reminds me of everyday with God. Each morning is like Spring. We get to start out fresh and new. The mistakes of yesterday are forgotten and behind us. God loves us where we are for who we are and his compassions are made new each morning.


Lamentations 3:21-24
NIV
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment